Friday, January 15, 2010

I Leave Tomorrow!

January 15, 2010

I’m not freaking out, surprisingly. There’s an enormous pile of slightly sorted clothing, medications, first aid supplies, warm accessories and odds and ends on my floor. For about five seconds, my room was “clean,” but alas no more. Later today I will try to pile this all into a bag and then tomorrow at about 2 pm my mom and I catch a plane from Logan to Chicago, and then Chicago to Delhi (I’ve learned that the airlines operate on a completely different understanding of geography than the rest of the world.) I now have a camera that is not broken (thank you Ale!) and baggy pants and shirts which in no way suggest that I am a woman. Throw in some Purel, a little Black Eyed Peas to remind me of American trashy pop music, and of course some Immodium and I think we’re in business! Most importantly, I found out that Kirtipur does carry our deliciously fatty, creamy yet chunky version of peanut butter - and now I know that a god does exist and he loves me oh so very much!

I will be reachable by cell until my flight Saturday afternoon... then it’s mostly gmail, iChat and, of course, this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment